Saturday, April 16, 2011

Save the Date!

Since we haven't had our engagement pictures taken yet, it's a little too early to be putting together save-the- dates...but it's hard to resist. I recently came across a site called weddingpaperdivas.com, an online company that specializes in wedding invitations, bridal shower invitations, and save-the-date cards. It's a little like Shutterfly or Snapfish, but they focus exclusively on wedding-related documents.

Instead of hiring someone to create your save-the-date cards, save some money and DIY. I like to save even more money and use sites like these just to get some ideas. After some brainstorming sessions, I try my hand at creating my own with Adobe Photoshop. This way, you can save money both on the printing and creative sides of the project.

Out of all the sites I have looked at, weddingpaperdivas.com seems to offer the greatest variety in size, shape, color, and design. Since I'm not sure what kind of approach I want to take with my save-the-dates and invitations, I decided to have some fun and fell in love with a save-the-date card that seems to be a good match for high school sweethearts. Below is a screenshot of the card I created using the template "Schoolyard Crush." Because our engagment pictures haven't been shot, I used two photos from our high school days. If I decided to pursue this option, I would like to have a photo of us at 16 years-old on the left and an engagement photo on the right.

Courtesty of weddingpaperdivas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment