Friday, April 8, 2011

For the Guys: Tuxedos

Since I’ve done a couple posts about dresses, I thought it would only be fair to write one just for the guys -- tuxes! Can I just say, I hate bow ties, tailcoats, and white tuxes? Basically, anything your father would have worn for his wedding, should probably be updated for your own post-1980s nuptials.
Khaki suits have become a recent trend among grooms; however, these seem to work best for casual, beach weddings. In my case, my groom is needing something a bit more formal. We did some tux browsing online at Milroy’s Tuxedos (which, by the way, is infinitely more boring than dress shopping online) and came across the 2011 Calvin Klein collection. Thankfully, Alex was drawn to this contemporary, two-button, Grey Legend tux. I really like the added touch of the satin edges. An added bonus: the grey would coordinate with our wedding colors. Now the real question is…purple vest/tie or matching grey?

Thank goodness Alex wasn't drawn to this little number

Think bridal fairs are just for brides? In January, I attended the Northeast Iowa Bridal Fair at Heartland Acres in Independence and was able to reserve the "Grey Legend" tux style for Alex and his groomsmen at the 2011 price for our 2012 wedding through Eschen’s Clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment