Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Officially Royal Wedding Week!

So, in case you haven't heard, the Royal Wedding of HRH Prince William and Kate Middleton will take place just a week from today. Thus, it is officially Royal Wedding Week.

For years, I have been fascinated by the British royal family. Perhaps I just like to watch Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in his role as King Henry VIII on Showtime's The Tudors (he is quite magnificent). I prefer to read about the history of the royal family and its most infamous leaders of the past. Today, it seems, especially after the untimely death of Princess Diana, the British royal family has become stagnant, remnants of grander years when royalty still controlled kingdoms (before the elections of prime ministers). I wonder if Kate's induction into the royal family will changes things...

However, I'm sure I will watch at least a portion of Will and Kate's nuptials next Friday. After all, can anyone really avoid it? In any case, I will enjoy watching such a grand spectacle and will probably be particularly interested in the fashions. Sadly, I'm kind of excited to see what Kate decides to wear down the aisle. She has been a little risque in the past, but she will certainly set the trends for bridal fashions this fall.


Middleton (in Issa) at the Boodles Boxing Ball in 2008

Middleton (in Issa) at a children's charity auction in London during 2009

So, how will you celebrate (or ignore) the union of Will and Kate? Be sure to cast your vote on my poll in the upper-right corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment